The Association of Funeral Professionals of Trinidad and Tobago (AFPTT) is dedicated to protecting the rights of funeral service consumers of Trinidad and Tobago. The AFPTT has outlined a Code of Ethics that governs all funeral homes.
The Association of Funeral Professionals of Trinidad and Tobago has deemed the following activities to be unethical:
- Soliciting, Canvassing or Touting for funerals by funeral homes at the nation’s hospitals and mortuaries
- Soliciting funerals by uninvited visits to the home of a bereaved family
- Soliciting funerals at the scene of an accident
- Unfair Pricing
The Funeral Directors Association believes that it is the sacred right of each family to select a funeral home without harassment from any funeral home.
We recommend that families should select a funeral home based on:
- The Age and Experience of the Funeral Home
- The Employment of Certified Funeral Directors
- The Recommendation of a friend or relative based on a previous experience
- The Best value for your hard earned dollars
Our Association advises you to reject any funeral home approaching you to solicit your business at a hospital, mortuary or at the scene of an accident.
Complaints may be sent to the Secretary at the Association of Funeral Professionals at email@example.com .